If you are looking to buy or refinance a home in Phoenix or elsewhere in the state of Arizona, you will need to start the process by selecting a mortgage company to work with.
While some customers still go through direct lenders, more and more homebuyers are now opting to work with independent mortgage brokers.
An independent mortgage broker can connect you with a larger spectrum of loan products and more competitive rates. The team at an independent broker also give you more attention than a big bank.
Following are some important considerations when choosing a mortgage company in Arizona.
Tips Before Buying a Home Phoenix
- Local knowledge. Consider choosing a company which has extensive experience operating in your state. Such a company will be prepared for any scenario and will know the local market inside and out. Desert Springs Mortgage has been helping customers in Arizona, California, Colorado, Oregon and Washington to purchase and refinance homes for over 40 years. Whatever your needs and goals, we can match you with a suitable lending product.
- A large network of lenders. A direct lender can only offer you loan products which they happen to specialize in. But a mortgage broker can connect you with all the loan products offered collectively by a number of different lenders. So, the larger the network, the more options you will have. As Desert Springs Mortgage has been around for decades now, we have more than 45 lenders in our network. That means we can help you apply for a wide variety of lending products (see below), and we also can bring you some of the most competitive rates.
- A wide selection of lending products. While you are probably familiar with conventional mortgages, you may not realize that there are many other different types of mortgages which you can apply for as well. As your Arizona mortgage broker, we offer conventional loans, jumbo loans, FHA mortgages, VA mortgages, USDA rural loans, and mortgages for non-warrantable condos. We offer reverse mortgages as well. Along with these lending products, we also can connect you with some other specialized loan types. We work not only with residential homebuyers, but also with companies looking to invest in commercial real estate. Speaking of real estate investments, we offer fix and flip loans as well. If you want to purchase and repair a fixer-upper to live in yourself, you can apply for an FHA 203k mortgage which rolls together purchase and repair costs.
- Low fees. Fees can vary significantly between mortgage brokers, just as they can between direct lenders. So, look for a mortgage broker that is going to save you money by keeping fees to a minimum. Desert Springs Mortgage never charges processing fees for conventional, USDA, VA or FHA mortgages.
- Great communication. When you are shopping for a home, it is vital that you know what is going on every step of the way with the mortgage process. This is important not only for your peace of mind, but also to ensure that the entire process runs smoothly. Choose a mortgage broker which keeps you in the loop with regular updates as you move through the steps of the mortgage process. We keep you updated as we process your loan. If we require additional information from you at any time, we contact you right away. Our loan experts are also here for you anytime you have a question or concern.
- Lifetime support. Finally, customer support goes beyond communication to encompass care. Few financial decisions you make are going to have as big an impact on your future as your mortgage. So, work with a company like Desert Springs Mortgage that you can trust to go above and beyond to protect your interests now and over the lifetime of your loan.
Schedule Your Consultation With Desert Springs Mortgage Today
Whether you are looking to purchase, build, repair, upgrade or refinance a home, we are eager to connect you with the lending product which is most suitable for your needs. To schedule your consultation or apply today, please give us a call at (623) 432-1309.